cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granular Backup of System State (Windows 2012 R2)

JR_NBU
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to do system state backup of a VM (Windows 2012), but I am receiving the following error message:

Errr bpbrm (pid=143862) cannot start nbfsd on appnbudc01

After I opened a case on Veritas, they emphasizes I should have ports 111 and 7394 opened

(following link: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH76684)

I tried this on Windows, but I don´t know the reason there is no way to have 7394 port in LISTENING state. the other port (111) in a first time was in LISTENING, but when I tried to remove and restart the server...this became not LISTENING anymore.

There is no firewall at the network. All of them are at the same Vlan.

We tried several things, without success. Now the last action it will be open a case in Microsoft.

Machine is an AD, then I need to have system state backup working without errors.

Please, could anyone help me on that ?

Jorge

2 REPLIES 2

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Granular restore require NFS services on both media/master and client. NFS services is not installed by defautl, you need to install before GRT restore can be performed.

From the tech note:

The technology behind NetBackup granular recovery requires the NetBackup media server to generate a virtual disk volume, which is then mounted on a client application server remotely across the network. This allows NetBackup to query the application server in order to extract individual items from a database. NFS was chosen as the protocol behind this requirement in order to make it possible to use any NetBackup media server platform – Windows, UNIX or Linux. The choice of NFS will also make it possible to implement GRT features for UNIX/Linux database applications in the future.

NFS is a standard component in Windows Server 2003 Release 2 and later, but is not installed by default. Fortunately, installation of the protocol is a quick and simple procedure, clearly documented in the relevant NetBackup administration guides.

NFS is installed in much the same way as any other Windows component, using the Add/Remove Programs function in the Windows control panel for Windows Server 2003 or the Server Roles application for Windows Server 2008.  The installation media may be required, and for Windows Server 2003 R2 servers it may be necessary to reboot the server after installation (this is generally not required for Windows Server 2008 systems). To enable GRT, NFS must be installed on both the application server and the NetBackup media server (if the media server is based on UNIX or Linux, NFS is pre-installed).

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you tried re-starting the client for NFS service on the AD controller?

If so that can actually stop it from working

Have you done the "sc config portmap start= auto"?

If you have re-started the NFS service they will not always restart again properly without a reboot ... however, you can try this:

net stop nfsrdr

net start nfsrdr

After that the servcies should start up properly again.

Just some ideas...