cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granular backups for Exchange failing

CKeg
Level 2

Granular backups used to work just fine.  Now for the last few months it appears that they are not working correctly anymore.  The detailed status on the backup jobs show the following warning:  "Warning bpbrm (pid=5296) from client DAG01: WRN - unable to setup NBFSD credentials, disabling granular backups".  The job completes, but with a status of '1' and obviously granular restores are not available when trying to restore using that backup job.

I have searched and searched and the only things I am finding on the internet relate to setting up NFS.  I have verified that NFS is setup correctly.  So this is not the issue.

Any ideas about what the likely cause may be?

Netbackup 7.5

Exchange 2010 running on windows 2008 r2  ....using a DAG.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CKeg
Level 2

This issue has been resolved.  It turns out it was NFS after all.  I was looking at the wrong media server.  I double checked the backup policies...they had been changed to point to a different media server a while ago by someone else.  The 'new' media server did not have NFS installed on it at all.  It set it up now granular backups appear to be working fine again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rawilde
Level 4
Employee

Confirm that the media server is properly running the NBFSD deamon and and has a port mapping service or deamon running. You can create the nbfsd log folder to see if there is anything obviouse in there (it may not be the client that is having the issues).

Also, the nbfsd log folder on the client, can be created to see if there is any NFS issues detected by NetBackup when trying to connect to the media server.

CKeg
Level 2

This issue has been resolved.  It turns out it was NFS after all.  I was looking at the wrong media server.  I double checked the backup policies...they had been changed to point to a different media server a while ago by someone else.  The 'new' media server did not have NFS installed on it at all.  It set it up now granular backups appear to be working fine again.

CKeg
Level 2

"I" set it up...

How can I check that NBFSD is running ?

Netdigest

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified