Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray "Override Policy Volume Pool "

Filip_Hasa
Level 4
Partner
Hello,

I have problem I cannot change "Override Policy Volume Pool" during creating new schedule for MS-SQL-Server policy.

Anybody has/had same problem?

Thank you for tips

6 REPLIES 6

rjrumfelt
Level 6
For your Automatic Backup schedule is not available?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Have not got MS-SQL available as a policy type so did the following as Oracle which I hoped would behave similarly (but it may do this irrespective of the policy type anyway ***EDIT*** it does - just tried for MS-Windows-NT & Standard policy types).

Created a new Policy, skipped the Attributes setting & dove straight in to the Schedules & low & behold I got the same thing - the override was greyed out.

Had another look at the attributes tab & Policy Storage Unit was set to "Any Available". Set this to a specific STU (which is what I would normally do anyway, just skipped it initially for this test) & then found that I was able to override the volume pool in the schedule.

Give it a try (i.e. ensure Storage Unit is not set to "Any Available") & let us know.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
I tried the same thing earlier, and for some reason, the results I got were different than Andy's.  I skipped straight to the Schedules tab as well, and I am able to mark the checkbox and choose "Override policy volume pool:"  I was able to do this for the MS-SQL policy I set up.

Make sure that you do not have "Multiple copies" selected, as that was the only option that prevented me from overriding the policy volume pool (at least that I could find so far).

Filip_Hasa
Level 4
Partner
For "Automatic Backup"  it is gray.
For "Application Backup"  I can change it. If I define 2 "Application Backup"s I still can not change "Volume Pool" on "Automatic Backup"

I tried to set specific STU but without success.

I tried it same thing with Oracle policy without problem. I can override Volume Pool.

I have NBU 6.5.4 on Windows.

Thank you for tips

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Makes the override volume pool option grey out for me. 

Is it possible to paste screenshots in threads?

Filip_Hasa
Level 4
Partner

ISSUE:

Cannot change "Override Policy Volume Pool" in a SQL policy

ERROR CODE/MESSAGE:

N/A

ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS:

N.A

EVIDENCE:

N/A

SOLUTION/WORKAROUND:

This is by design of netbackup.

You can reference the following document item: 
http://support.veritas.com/docs/290212 
VERITAS NetBackup (tm) 6.5 for Microsoft SQL Server System Administrator's Guide Page-30 Tips 
If you put multiple batch files in the same MS-SQL-Server policy, they will execute during each Automatic Backup session for that MS-SQL-Server policy. If you have a variety of SQL Server backup operations that you wish to have executed on different schedules, then consider creating multiple MS-SQL-Server policies with differing Automatic Backup schedules; and then assign each batch file to the policy that uses the desired Automatic Backup schedule.