cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H E L P those in Haiti. Please.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Please consider donating your connect reward points to help those in need in Haiti.
Here is a link to Leslie Miller's post that explains how to do it.
It's easy. I just did it.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/help-those-haiti-your-rewards-points

21 REPLIES 21

Frank019
Level 4
nice idea

Stumpr2
Level 6
I just received this in an email

Bob,
 We have received your request to use 100 points toward the United Way Worldwide Disaster Fund with a matching contribution from Symantec. This request has now been processed. We know that the monies you have donated will go along way to help with this effort.

Thank you,
CS

Stumpr2
Level 6
I have reached another 100 points and I have donated it to the suffering people in Haiti.
I know some of you have multiple hundreds of points available.
Please consider giving some of them to this relief fund.
Symantec is matching your donation so it counts double.
Thanks Symantec.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I am grateful to Symantec for being able to contribute in this manner - not only is the $ value of the points more than those of the South African Rands that I would've deposited into a relief fund, Symantec doubles my contribution with their matching donation!  (The external USB drive will have to wait a bit longer!)

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
& yeah, those little treats I wanted can wait.

David_McMullin
Level 6
Great idea Bob - how much money does your 100 points give?

Stumpr2
Level 6
Each 100 points is equal to $15 USD and Symantec matches it for a grand total of $30 USD.
I have done it twice so that equals a total of $60 USD going into the relief fund.
Thank you Symantec!

Backup_Guy1
Level 3
 Great idea Bob, keep up the good work

Stumpr2
Level 6
I have another 100 points pending approval for another donation. I'm not posting this to toot my own horn.
I am trying to keep this thread towards the top of the page while encouraging and challenging others to participate :)

Stumpr2
Level 6
Follow this link to see the latest update which includes information about how the donations are being used.
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/help-those-haiti-your-rewards-points#comment-3493971

Baski
Level 5
Partner Certified
Hi Bob,

I am happy to contribute my points to this, but I am unable to contribute due to my points are less than 100.

Thanks for such a great thought.

Ira_Brock
Level 5
 Wow that is a lot of money! Great work Bob and everyone who have been able to contribute through points. Keep helping!

David_McMullin
Level 6
Bob - I voted for each of your points to increase your points!]

Stumpr2
Level 6

Our fellow human beings in Haiti need our help. They need food, clothing, shelter and medicines.
Your donation of 100 points will be matched by symantec to become a $30 USD donation.
Everyone has been so generous. Let's keep it going!
Thank you Symantec!

Stumpr2
Level 6

Donation Update 2 Feb 2010

Here is where we stand on our donations toward assistance to Haiti.

As of 2 Feb 2010 we have donated $2,620 to the United Way Worldwide Disaster Fund. 

Please remember that all of your donations are given directly to this cause and Symantec is matching your contributions.  If you can donate 100 or more points Symantec will match your point donation and we will continue to increase our support for the assistance to Haiti.

We appreciate all of you who are willing to work toward helping this cause.

Thank you,

Stumpr2
Level 6

Donation Update 12 Feb 2010

We have had a few more contributions since the last update.

As of today Symantec and its Connect user have contributed $2980 to the United Way Worldwide Disaster Fund.

We are continually grateful for the great support the Connect users have provided to this worldwide effort.

Thank you.

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I can't get anything in Brazil, I have a few point, I 'll donate tham all

I have about 600 points,,,

Thanks

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Donated