cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware support for Itaniums

UnitedMike
Level 2
Good day,

Can anybody tell me offhand whether or not NetBackup supports Itaniums?
To do deduplication...does it need to be done to disk first before sending it off to tape, and is this automated?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Until recently I had a HPUX 11.23 IA64 Master server and a handful of 11.23 IA64 media servers. running NB 6.5.4.
So yes supporting Itaniums. They keep adding support for OS's on IA64. eg SLES 11 was just added
But always check in here with the latest OS Compatibility matrix (Jan 2010) for NB 6.x and might as well review for NB 7.0 also at this URL
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/325328.htm

Just check the Operating System and it will tell you if it supports the OS on IA64 as Master, Media Server and/or Client. Some may only support Client at the least. ie OpenVMS

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   
IA64 as client or Master/media server ?

Netbackup can't do de-dupe to tape (as far as I know off).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Until recently I had a HPUX 11.23 IA64 Master server and a handful of 11.23 IA64 media servers. running NB 6.5.4.
So yes supporting Itaniums. They keep adding support for OS's on IA64. eg SLES 11 was just added
But always check in here with the latest OS Compatibility matrix (Jan 2010) for NB 6.x and might as well review for NB 7.0 also at this URL
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/325328.htm

Just check the Operating System and it will tell you if it supports the OS on IA64 as Master, Media Server and/or Client. Some may only support Client at the least. ie OpenVMS

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   
There are also Linux on IA64. But as Stuart says's always check the OS comparability matrix. It a good place to start.

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified
We have HP superdome that runs NetBackup SAN media server.
It works quite stable for WIntel.

UnitedMike
Level 2
No idea who marked the solution, but that was it so thanks a lot. I will be checking that document!!!

Stumpr2
Level 6
good luck