cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone performed an upgrade from 6.5.2a to 6.5.4?

rjrumfelt
Level 6
If so, were there any issues that you came across?  Anything to watch out for?  I believe we will be performing this upgrade fairly shortly.

Our OS is Solaris 10.

Any bumps in the road to expect would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Assisted a customer with upgrade on Solaris 10 recently.
Experienced the failure documented in this TechNote: seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/325408.htm
Just keep the original 6.5 install media handy. The solution is to remove VRTSpbx and VRTSicsco and reinstall before re-attempting the patch install.
All went fine after that.
Just perform the normal precaution steps - ensure you have a catalog backup.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Assisted a customer with upgrade on Solaris 10 recently.
Experienced the failure documented in this TechNote: seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/325408.htm
Just keep the original 6.5 install media handy. The solution is to remove VRTSpbx and VRTSicsco and reinstall before re-attempting the patch install.
All went fine after that.
Just perform the normal precaution steps - ensure you have a catalog backup.

Mike_Gavrilov
I faced with this problem http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/netbackup-654-upgrade-using-sun-patches-important
It's to hard to know all possible problems but you have to crete a "plan B" if everything will go by wrong way. Most upgrades goes normally.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
But I did document an upgrade from 6.5.1 to 6.5.4 on a Solaris 9 Master.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
I will definately be sure to remove pbx before the upgrade.  I looked around before making the thread and nothing popped up, so I probalby would not have found that issue until it was staring me in the face during the actual upgrade.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
h-hour

I really hope this goes smoothly.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
*knocks on wood

The binaries were installed without issue.  I'm performing my test backups now.

NBUTSE
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
  Rjrumfelt,
Be sure to review the 6.5.4 late breaking news, TN 324985, known issues are documented there.  Review the known issues, if you're suffering from one or there other, be sure to acquire the EEBs related to the fixes.