cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you met this requirement? In order to import disk based images, the images that were written to a disk storage unit must be present on the server.

NIKHIL234656595
Level 6

Have you met this requirement?
In order to import disk based images, the images that were written to a disk storage unit must be present on the server.

What this means?

Server means the client which we are backing up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

No, as mentioned, if they expire off disk, the actual fragments are deleted,

You can import a tape if it has been expired BUT only if if has not been reused.  Images on tape are only 'lost' wen the tape is re-used, but with disk, the images are deleted when they expire,

The only time you would import a disk, or example, is ifyou moved a disk containing valid images to a new server, or rebuild an exsisting server and imported the images, as opposed to recoveing the catalog.

Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It means that the Disk contaiing the images must be attached, and configured on one of the media servers in the environment where you want to import the images.  The media server can be the master, or it can be a seperate server,

Martin

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please explain from step 1 what you were trying to do up to the point where you got the error.

I am wondering if this is related to your post the other day where you asked if expired disk images can be imported: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/import

We explained to you that expired images gets deleted when Image Cleanup job runs.

Are you now trying to import expired images?

The error suggests that you are looking for something on the Server (the Media Server name that you specified in Initialize Import screen ) that does not exist.

So, to answer this question:

"What this means?

Server means the client which we are backing up?"

Server means the Media Server name that you specified in Initialize Import screen.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
If u r importing and is from disk and the disk with images is not u cannot import. Have u duplicated the images to tape for longer retention?

NIKHIL234656595
Level 6

no i have not.My images from disk have expired.Can i run import to get it back?

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

No, as mentioned, if they expire off disk, the actual fragments are deleted,

You can import a tape if it has been expired BUT only if if has not been reused.  Images on tape are only 'lost' wen the tape is re-used, but with disk, the images are deleted when they expire,

The only time you would import a disk, or example, is ifyou moved a disk containing valid images to a new server, or rebuild an exsisting server and imported the images, as opposed to recoveing the catalog.

Martin