Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Lotus Notes PIT Restore not working

luisvidal
Level 5

Master/Media Server: SLES 11 sp2 running NBU 7.6.0.4

Client: SLES 11 sp2 running Domino 8.5.3, NBU client 7.6.0.4

First question: why do the Transaction Logs (as you look at them on the BAR GUI) have a series of characters after the .TXN extension.

Second question: I am follwoing HOWTO87244 steps, but NBU is restoring only the .NSF database, and not applying the logs. Am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

luisvidal
Level 5

Well, issue was resolved. The Domino software was missing a patch. Got a lot of help from this article:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH181783

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't see HOWTO87244 as a step-by-step procedure - there are a lot of 'OR' statements and choices that need to be applied depending on your requirements and environment.

About Q1:

Probably a timestamp as per this extract from the HOWTO doc?

The transaction log extents should have a timestamp later than the timestamp of the backup image from which the databases are restored.

If this is not the case, show us what you see....

Q2: 

You never told us which option you chose?

Extract from point13 in the HOWTO:

Use the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface to restore the Lotus Notes databases or mailboxes from the Lotus Notes backup image, as follows: 

• If transaction logging is enabled, select the point-in-time to which you want to recover the databases.
  • If point-in-time is not selected, the database rolls forward to the most recent available version.

luisvidal
Level 5

Hi Marianne, thank you for the prompt reply. Sorry, I guess I needed to expand more.

The TLOGS look like these:

S0110933.TXN~36d56ad2b38526a7-d9488a370000031d

S0110934.TXN~36d56ad2b38526a7-d9488a370000031d

Also, I am using PIT. I am picking the time of the last backup date for the Transaction Logs I show as archived in NBU.

Thanks.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will need the restore progress log, the master server's bprd log and the client's tar log to see which images were used for restore.

luisvidal
Level 5

Well, issue was resolved. The Domino software was missing a patch. Got a lot of help from this article:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH181783