Help needed for getting NBU Client for MAC OS 10.6.4

GauravG
Level 2

I am not able to find NBU Client for MAC OS 10.6.4. CAn anybody on this  

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Download the NetBackup Clients media from http://fileconnect.symantec.com

Its contains the MAC client (i believe its still listed as 10.5 but should work all the same)

GauravG
Level 2

Thanks for your response,

I have tried the mentioned link but not getting connected as it is asking for serial number of the product and i am using evaluation softarware for testing.

Scenerio is :

I am doing testing of my mac data to be transferred to disk array via Netbackup. I had installed NBU client 6.5.2 on MAC OS 10.6.4. On the other side (Master Server) I have installed Netbackup 7.0. Now from Master server everything is going very smoothly (Backup & Restore) but when i try to intiate backup/ restore from client machine (MAC), its not going on. Images are not appearing on client side when we initiate restore.

May be its a version issue or something else, please help.  

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

The version should be fine to work with 7.x. Please post details of the restore failure.

GauravG
Level 2

when i select "Select Images" option from mac machine (backup client) for restore, i t gives me an error that there is no image found on backup server. 

RiaanBadenhorst

Did you fill in the correct options, i.e source and policy type?

ooshnoo
Level 3

Riann,

Is the client media you're referring to called NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS

If so, for the Mac this only appears to be an admin console client and not an remote backup agent.

Do you know anything about this?

Thanks

A