cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Disk Staging and Error 191

jwmcf1
Level 4

I am in the process of moving from using tape to using external hard drives for my offsite copies of back ups.  I have several Oracle jobs that are backed up to a Disk Storage Unit.  Disk staging is enabled on this DSU and has been working great to duplicate the jobs to tape for our offsite copies.

Last week I switched from tape to USB external disk.  What I did was edit the staging location for the DSU of the jobs.  In addition I pointed the DSU to a new folder location and copied the backups from the origional location to this new location which has a new name.

After doing so disk staging is no longer working correctly.  The staging starts on schedule but I now get 50 or so job ID's for duplication that are all failed with status of 191. The duplicate jobs all start within seconds of each other. THis is then followed by hundreds of image cleanup jobs (which are succesful).  After this another batch of 50 or so duplication jobs will start and fail with 191 followed by another hundred or so image cleanup jobs.

Before the switch we would have 3 activty monitor entries 1. the start of the DSSU disk staging job, 2 and 3 were duplication jobs.  That was it.

This is a snippet of the duplication logs.

7/31/2012 2:00:58 AM - Critical bpdm(pid=8232) image open failed: error 2060013: no more entries    
7/31/2012 2:01:15 AM - Error bpduplicate(pid=10200) host nbuhost backup id oracle1_1343189809 read failed, media open error (83). 
7/31/2012 2:01:15 AM - Error bpduplicate(pid=10200) host nbuhost backupid oracle1_1343189809 write failed, termination requested by administrator (150). 
7/31/2012 2:01:17 AM - Error bpduplicate(pid=10200) Duplicate of backupid oracle1_1343189809 failed, termination requested by administrator (150).  
7/31/2012 2:01:17 AM - Error bpduplicate(pid=10200) Status = no images were successfully processed.     
7/31/2012 2:01:17 AM - end Duplicate; elapsed time: 00:20:57

I have a feeling pointing the DSU to a new location is what has caused this, but could use some assitance.

thanks

26 REPLIES 26

jwmcf1
Level 4

Just upgraded to 7.5 and there is still no nbcatsync!  What's the deal?  Where can I find this executable?

After the install/upgrade to 7.5 I check the netbackup\bin directory and still nothing.  The upgrade created a netbackup\bin 7.0 folder and no nbcatsync in there either!

I have performed a search on the system and know file called nbcatsync is found.

jwmcf1
Level 4

Searched the cabs and found nbcatsync.  For some reason the file was not installed during upgrade.

I will copy to server and run.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Late here - off to bed, let us know how you get on.

Martin

jwmcf1
Level 4

I did as you suggested and selected one of the failed ID's in the duplication job.  Running nbcatsync results in the following:

C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>nbcatsync -backupid oracle1_1343966421 -dryrun
nbcatsync: No changes will be performed (-dryrun specified)

Primary Disk Media Id      Current Disk Media Id
   =====================      =====================

SUMMARY:
Total Images looked at: 0
Images not located (no copies located): 0
Images with some copies not located: 0
Images to update: 0

Doesn't look as though anything is happening.  Ran it on several ID's and with the same result.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hmm, odd - I expected that to find the issue.

Might be best to log a call at this point, or at least quicker  - forum is kinda slow for this sort of thing.  I'm happy to continue, but would have to think about testing this, which is fine, but I'm training next week, so will be some time before I can get round to it.

Fairly sure I did something similar a while back, moved some images and then used nbcatsync to sort out the casualties ...  If I recall though, it was advanced disk at the same path, just a different 'internal' id (eg @aaaad changed to @aaaac ) - I thinking that nbcatsync only checks the same paths or something - just don't know the answer to that with testing.

Let me know what you wish to do.

Martin

jwmcf1
Level 4

Just an update.  It is now 7 weeks after placing a support call for this issue and still no resolution.  Great support.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to add pressure from your side. Phone in - ask to speak to Duty Manager. Insist on escalation.