cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi

Anjan_Das
Level 4
Hi Friends

Can i used ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in backup selection list in unix client.if yes then what will happen which mount points it will take backup. please help.

7 REPLIES 7

DPeaco
   VIP   
We use that setting and it backs up the entire server. All mount points and all files.
Thanks,
Dennis

Anjan_Das
Level 4
Thanks DPeaco

nairdheeraj
Level 4
I have never used ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive for UNIX clients.. To my assumption this was only for Windows and Netware (Non - Target).

It would be better to specify the file systems to ensure you have covered everything.

FrSchind
Level 5
Partner
bpmount will show you the filesystems with their types in the way NBU uses it for selecting the local drives. All local filesystem types (this includes e.g. vxfs, zfs,..) will be backed up. you can check your bpbkar log on the client to view what's going on.

Anjan_Das
Level 4
As per my knowledge i used ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES option used in windows system.not for unix.but suddenly i see one backup policy for unix client show backup selection list as ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.that why i am confused.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
All local drives will work on UNIX just like it does on windows.

My example is going to be for an AIX server.

If I just say ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and do NOT allow multiple data streams jobs
it will backup everything as 1 job - except for the items in the exclude list like the contents of /tmp and /proc .....

If I say ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES AND allow multiple data streams jobs
I get 1 job per file system
(on aix this is like doing a df and for each line it would be a separate child job)
so I would get one for
/
/var
/usr
/home
/opt
except again for the items in the exclude list.

When doing this DO NOT check cross mount points or / will backup everything instead of just the stuff in the root filesystem.

So yes you can use all local drives for windows and UNIX
just make sure you exclude the contests of the dirs you don't or cannot get (like /proc)

DPeaco
   VIP   
Good info right there Judy. Thanks for posting the details.

Thanks,
Dennis
Thanks,
Dennis