cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Reinstall Robot

zalhaj1
Level 3

hi

I'm facing a problem with netbackup today as follow, on the master server i found the below error;

Event Type:        Error

Event Source:    NetBackup TLD Control Daemon

Event Category:                None

Event ID:              5127

Date:                     10/27/2010

Time:                     3:41:55 PM

User:                     N/A

Computer:          NETBACKUP

Description:

TLD(0) [4676] Could not find SCSI coordinates MISSING_PATH:559000200740 in the registry

Try to do robot inventory giving me error "don't have it right now", try to use the "Configuration Storage Devices it was seeing the robot and my 2 tape drivers but it was not functioning.

i have deleted the robot to re-add it through the wizard the result was netbackup seeing only my 2 tapes, try to re-add it by right click on Robots than New it Say " NO Robotic libraries were found on this device"

please help,,

More info,

im using netbackup 6.5.3 and Storgetech SL500 library

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Delete the robot in Windows Device manager and then rescan.

If it does not come back, check Event Viewer for errors. Check the physical connection between robot and server. Check robot display panel panel for errors. Restart (IPL) the robot. Wait for robot to come up completely, then rescan again in Device manager.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

What is the version of Netbackup Server you are using ?

Second as your Event viewer said

""""TLD(0) [4676] Could not find SCSI coordinates MISSING_PATH:559000200740 in the registry""""

1.) check the SCSI card. I think your Tape library may connected with some SCSI card which is installed in the Netbackup Server machine (SCSI coordinates)

2.) Check the Virus which may disturbed your registry (MISSING_PATH:559000200740 in the registry"""")

zalhaj1
Level 3

Hi

I'm using Netbackup 6.5.3 and the tape library on fiber, I have used SAN surfer I can't see the robot. However, I can see the tapes.

zalhaj1
Level 3

hi i have delete the robot and the drives in Windows Device manager and then rescan, Tape Drive came back but not robot, below errors from even viewer;

1)Event Type: Error
Event Source: NetBackup TLD Daemon
Event Category: None
Event ID: 13969
Date:  10/28/2010
Time:  10:08:12 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: NETBACKUP
Description:
daemon terminating because no devices are configured, tldcd has been started

2)Event Type: Error
Event Source: NetBackup TLD Control Daemon
Event ID: 5708
Time:  10:08:10 AM
Description:
Daemon has terminated abnormally

3)Event Type: Error
Event Source: NetBackup TLD Control Daemon
Event ID: 5706
Time:  10:08:10 AM
Description:
No robots are configured - Function not implemented

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The NBU errors in Event Viewer are normal, because the O/S cannot see the robot. Only try a rescan/reconfig in NBU once the O/S can see the robot.

There should be some hardware error in Event Viewer System log that will indicate where the problem is (probably linked to HBA).

You need to check physical connectivity between the server and the robot.

Also do a physical inspection of the robot - check for errors on display panel and red error lights. If this is the case, power cycle the robot. You might have to log a call with your STK/SUN/Oracle vendor.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Do you have any installation media for your ROBOT/Tape Library came with it ? try to install that as well.

Check your physical connectivity. But i really think that there might be some hardware issue as marianne said i would also say you to call your hardware vendor.