cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get SQL backup info; what DB and the size of the backup, per client

jobzombi
Level 0

I've been trying to use bplist, bpimagelist, bppllist and a few others. They all give a little of something but not in any way that I can use.  I can get the images of the databased being backed up using bplist, but that does not give me the size of each backup.  I can then get the size of the backups using bpimagelist, but that gives me no DB info, so without any additional info, if a policy has 5 DBs to backup, I can't connect which backup info (which has the kb size)  belongs to what DB.  In essence I am trying to get a list of every client, the db is backed up and the size of the backup. 

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

the best way to get all this info in single report is by using the opscenter custome report

below are the coloums that you need to select to get the info you that need in report (there are lot other coloums as well if you would like to)

Master Server
Policy Name
Client Name
Job Directory ( show the DB name)
Job Status
image unique ID
Job Size(GB)

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you backup all databases using one policy then you can't get single database backup size using any commands. The only option you have is to create dedicated policy for each DB.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

for this purpose it is better to use MS SQL side.

Refer to backupset table in msdb database, it should provide you required results.

Regards

Michal