cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get notification of releases?

TGillispie
Level 4
Partner

How do I get notified when new releases of NetBackup or Backup Exec are released?

For example, NetBackup 7.1.0.3 just came out - how could I have know about that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You need to go to : http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=products

Next choose the Product you are interested in, such as NetBackup

On the right hand side you will see a menu, Under Product Support there is a Product Alerts link, follow that to register for alerts - your account on here should be valid on that site (if not create an account) - this alerts you to any issues with the product - there should be a sunscribe section.

You may also find that you need to go to the products Dwonloads Section and subscribe to that section as well to get alerts when new downloads are available

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You need to go to : http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=products

Next choose the Product you are interested in, such as NetBackup

On the right hand side you will see a menu, Under Product Support there is a Product Alerts link, follow that to register for alerts - your account on here should be valid on that site (if not create an account) - this alerts you to any issues with the product - there should be a sunscribe section.

You may also find that you need to go to the products Dwonloads Section and subscribe to that section as well to get alerts when new downloads are available

Hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also on the same page(s) for Downloads are RSS feeds you could add to your Feeder/Reader.

Bookmark the landing pages for the NetBackup and Backup Exec landing pages. The latest product information is posted here.

Visit the forums regularly.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The Netting Out NetBackup blog also has a fairly low volume RSS feed you could subscribe to.  Look for the icon next to the blog title in the breadcrumb trail (grey bar).