cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent the first two tapes from writes?

puneet102
Level 4

I have NetBackup 7.7.3. We are running SLP duplication weekly. Due to long leave i have inserted two weeks tape. We have 4 tapes currently inserted in two volume pools. 2 tapes are in weekly-BKP volume pool. After 15 Oct I will move other two tapes in Weekly-BKP volume pool. So that the backup of 21 Oct will successful. 

But the concern is that I want to prevent from write of 21 Oct Data to write on first two tapes. How can I prevent the first two tapes from writes?

Thanks
Puneet Dixit
4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no point in micro-managing tapes. Allow NBU to use any available tape in the pool.

NetBackup manages tapes very well and keeps record what was written when.

All you need to know is client name and date when you need to restore. NBU will know the media id and request the relevant media-id(s).

If you need to know which tapes were used on a particular date, simply run Tapes Written report.

Prasanna_Natta
Level 3

You can set  maxmount value to 1 so that it won't be used for any other backups.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It would be nice to know why @puneet102 has this requirement......

It was required to me because due to long leave i was not have access of the physical tape library but i was able to access the netbackup server via VPN. So in that I was inserted media which was used for the weekly backup for two weeks. 

Later I was got my answer. I was suspend the media and unsuspend it once my purpose was compleated. 

Thanks for your participation on this discussion.

Thanks
Puneet Dixit