cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I tell current file being backed up in NBU 5.1 mp3a

Vince_Corona_2
Level 2
Is there anyway to determine which files or directory is currently being backed up on a client from the nbu console? I know there is the client job tracker, but this has a history of slowing jobs down so we don't install it on our clients.

Any tips out there?
5 REPLIES 5

patrickkuah
Level 6
Well, you can go to the activity monitor and double click the jod id to see the details while the backup is running, but it dont updates itself as fast as job tracker... If you really require to see the current file, job tracker will be the one.

I will glad to know if that a way to see current file being backup and yet do not impact on system performance.

hope this helps

patrickkuah :)

MayurS
Level 6
Hi,

IN NB 4.5 it used to show the current file been backed-up in the activity monitor..

But now i my NB 5.1 i am not able to see the current files been backed up in activity monitor.
I have to refer to the bpbkar log some-time.

Is there a way to show the current files been backedup in the activity monitor ?

Stumpr2
Level 6
Mayur,
I haven't loaded 5.1 yet but did you check the column layout for hide/show current file?

MayurS
Level 6
Hi Bob,

In 5.1 current files can be seen in the Data Grid of the activity monitor. :)

But that is too crowdy. If my file name is big enough then i will have to substentially scroll to my right.
I am am not getting any "current file been backed up" when i double click the job in the activity Monitor. Whereas in NB 4.5 i used to get it.

patrickkuah
Level 6
That's the problem ;)

patrick