cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i remove the snapshot shot backup for vm policy????

madhuri
Level 4

The snapshot did not removed after the last backup .The process is hung and the server wen down.How can i remove the snapshot backups.It is is an vm policy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madhuri
Level 4

Hi Riaan,

From the v center How can i delete,Can u explain me the procedure.I Hve the credentials for vcenter

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can delete the snapshot via vCenter.

madhuri
Level 4

Hi Riaan,

From the v center How can i delete,Can u explain me the procedure.I Hve the credentials for vcenter

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

"The process is hung and the server wen down"

what happend after that... does that server bring up again.. if yes ,i belive that existing snaphot is alreay taken care.

if not, that needs to be taken care by the VMware admins..

are you the VMware admin tooo? if you are not.. I STRONGLY recommend you to not to try deleting from Vcenter and work with Vmware admins...

if the current issue has been alreay taken care and looking for an answer in case of Future issue.. 

generaly Netbackup ask Vcenter to delete the snapshot after the backup, in some cases if it does not get deleted , in next attempt of backup it will again try to delete it( depends on the policy Vmware tab settings) and if its still find the snapshot , backup will fail with 156.

that is the time only work with Vmware admin to get it done.

madhuri
Level 4

No that server not up,when windows adin trying to reboot the server he is getting an error message lke unbale to reboot the server  1 process is running ike that he getting the message.

Marianne
Level 6

This is not a NetBackup issue...

Something is wrong with that VM causing the snapshot to fail and now reboot issues.
Check vCentre logs for errors.

Nothing to be done from NBU point of view.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

As per Marianne's response, this is not handled in NBU. Here is a link to start you off

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1009666

Marianne
Level 6

Please clear the solution for your own post as this is clearly not the solution to your query,  and then mark Solution for a post that pointed you in the right direction.
Or select 'Request split solution' to mark more than one post that helped you.