cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i stop the schedule for particular cleint

madhuri
Level 4

Hi

We have one vm policy for that policy we have 107 server to take the backup in that one of the server is hung unable to reboot because snap shot backups are running,so ineed to cancel the schedule how can i stop it.For all server backing up is all local drives.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you can also to the similer task that is suggested in Martin post though GUI

Master server host properties ---> client attributes --> client name (add it if you dont find it) then set offline untill.

once the offline time ends.it will start resume the jobs..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

bpclient -M womble -client flump -update -ut  -offline -onlineat 1408690000

This causes the client to become offline until a particular time, given in ctime format.

bpdbm -ctime <ctime> converts the ctime to a readable format

RamNagalla

you can also to the similer task that is suggested in Martin post though GUI

Master server host properties ---> client attributes --> client name (add it if you dont find it) then set offline untill.

once the offline time ends.it will start resume the jobs..

madhuri
Level 4

Can i Remove the server from policy and after the  server came up again we can add to policy is it posible ?????

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with above advice.

'Client offline until...' was added for this purpose specifically.

In the past, backup admins had to remove the client from policies and sometimes (quite often) forgot to put it back after client maintenance.

sdo

If you remove a client from a policy, then when you re-add it... NetBackup thinks the client is a new client in the policy, and if the next due backup is an incremental (differential, or cummulative) then that incremental backup effectively runs as a full.

FYI - removing clients and re-adding them also disrupts the collection of TIR information, and so will very likely also cause issues if the next scheduled full backup is a synthetic full.  I realise that this particular point is not relevant in this situation, but worth highlighting again.

FYI - again not relevant in this particular case - but worth re-iterating is that... renaming client in a backup policy has the same effect as deleting/removing it, and re-adding it - and so has the same effect as the points above.

Martin's use of the '-ut' switch indicates that you would be using a 'universal time', but you can use a standard datetime if you want: 

-offline -onlineat MM/DD/YYYY:HH:MM:SS

-offline -onlineat "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS"