cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I completely remove old library from NBU

emdlove
Level 4

I have a Quantum iScalar 500 and recently the chassis was replaced, so new SN#, new drives, etc..  The problem is it picked up tld4 and that already existed in the emm database.    How do I completely remove the old library from NBU? 

I have 2 libaries attached to this particular media server.  I know I'm not supposed to just delete the Storage unit, or can I?  

I've used the wizard and successfully done this before but I have never had an illegal duplication error.  

Please help.. I'm down to two drives and 1 library. 

Thank you,

Esther 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

emdlove
Level 4

So this post helped me to realize that the  density is wrong.  I can't figure out how to change it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can just delete the library in the GUI, right click - delete ....  Deleve the drives as well and move the media to 'none robotic).

If you add the library back in manually (under robots, right click > new robot) you can then manually select the robot number, this is the only way to manual select it.

Once the robot is back you can then run the wizard to auto add the drives back, then run invntory.  STUs can be deleted and recreated.  In fact if you delete the STUs before you run the wizard, it will auto create them for you at the end.

emdlove
Level 4

So this post helped me to realize that the  density is wrong.  I can't figure out how to change it.

I  wasn't able to delete the old storage device, but I understood what you said about storage unit vs tape library.  

I created the robot, ran the wizard, configured successfully.  However I am receiving the following error now. 

unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available(96)

Please see attached. 

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why were you unable to delete old devices?

About your new config - we see that the densitiy of the STU is hcart3.
NBU device config wizard will automatically create STU with the same density as the tape drives. 

Can you check this first? 
What is the density of tape drives in TLD(3)?

The next thing to check is the density of media in TLD(3) - it must be hcart3 as well. 

Thank you!!!

emdlove
Level 4

Thank you!!!  I appreciate everyone's assistance!!

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@emdlove wrote:

So, how is this the Solution?

Please be so kind and tell us HOW you solved this?

Once I knew this was the issue I was able to go to Devices, drives and change the density.  Worked like a charm!

After reading all the helpful suggestions from you and Sheriff I realized that it was indeed the density wasn't matching, so I went to Devices, Drives and changed the density on the two drives that were showing up as hcart3, re-ran the wizard and everything showed up as it should.  Ran a tape test and all worked great!!!  Helps when you don't panic, read and relax!!!  

You all are the ABSOLUTE BEST!!!  I sincerely appreciate your responses!!!   Have a great day!!