cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get replicated images back to source via AIR

Bmitche
Level 5

We have a primary and secondary datacenter. We do vmdk level backups via the vmware policy type. We backup to a msdp pool in the primary location then replicate the backups via AIR to the secondary locations msdp pool. We had an issue with our msdp pool in the primary location and had to blow it away and start from scratch. My question is....is there any way to replicate the images back to the primary location?

I see the images I need when I look in the catalog via the gui. Right click, duplicate only shows me local options to duplicate to. It sure would be nice to right click and have a replicate option. I know I can duplicate to tape then ship the tapes but that is not an option at this point for me.

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bmitche
Level 5

I also asked our critical support engineer about this issue and he came back with this

nbreplicate -backupid client1_1367860165 -cn <local copy number> -rcn <copy number plus 101> -target_sts <target storage server from step1> -slp_name reverse-air -target_user <target storage server username> -target_pwd <target storage server password>

This command would be run from the site where the image currently resides.

I will give it a try. Sure would be nice if it were in the gui.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It cannot be done i am afraid

AIR is the only way to replicate cross NetBackup Domains and is used in a SLP

But SLP cannot duplicate historical data

Sorry - only way is to duplicate to somewhere else (disk or tape) and then import those on the remote site

Hope this helps

Bmitche
Level 5

I also asked our critical support engineer about this issue and he came back with this

nbreplicate -backupid client1_1367860165 -cn <local copy number> -rcn <copy number plus 101> -target_sts <target storage server from step1> -slp_name reverse-air -target_user <target storage server username> -target_pwd <target storage server password>

This command would be run from the site where the image currently resides.

I will give it a try. Sure would be nice if it were in the gui.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Thanks - always happy to learn new undocumented commands - let us know if it works!

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Take a look at this doc - a few "pre-requisites" in it that you may need to note:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=TE...