cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you check schedule windows coherence?

norburing
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi all, 

I wonder if you have any method (script, Opscenter query) to check if there is any mismatch between "Start Window" and "Calendar schedule".

For example if I set calendar schedule to saturday but you select a window on friday from 17 to 19, that job will never run, even if one thinks it's running fine.

I'm still trying to find a way to discover such situation in large environment.

How do you solve this problem?

6 REPLIES 6

jim_dalton
Level 6

Good question. Something along the lines of clients without a starting backup on a given day, the day being that in the policy in question. I would think opscenter or failing that, homegrown (perl), perhaps.

We used to have an independant checklist, ie a definitive list of server and policies. I'm not aware of the functionality anywhere but have to agree it would be very useful.

Jim

Stumpr2
Level 6

DOCUMENTATION: How does the "Retries Allowed After Runday" affect Calendar scheduled backups?
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38171

I
suggest going through the schedules and creating mutiple open windows and using the retries allowed after runday.

Will_Restore
Level 6

OpsCenter has a neat canned report which has "saved me" a few times. 

You can find it under Reports > Report Templates > Client Reports > Clients Not Backed Up

norburing
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Thank you for your answer, we already do that check weekly. The problem is for multiple schedules on a client, for example filesystem and DB, or different filesystem backed up with different policies. This kind of client will not appear in the report because it is actually backing up.

I've thinked about it: one solution is writing a SQL query in order to check last backup for every active couple (policy,schedule), searching it in the Images table with a join, but it looks really heavy since we're using a huge table..

Will_Restore
Level 6

Actually a client in multiple policies will appear if any one of them fails to run. I caught a few that way.

norburing
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi wr,

I've checked it, and that is true.

Moreover I've thought about it. Actually the main issue is to check we're backing up everything (well, everything we've been asked to): so that report works quite well, there is a bit of noise to filter, for example deactivated policies, Enterprise Vault or Sharepoint backup that use clients not present in the policy.

As far as I know there is no way to customize that report and SQL query is hidden. I suspect that report use more than one query and some java routines, isn't it?