cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does an OST vendor plugin allow creation of new storage server?

TGillispie
Level 4
Partner

I’ve got a certified ExaGrid OST plugin installed and functioning on a 7.7.3 server, but when I go to create a new storage server (under the Credentials nav tree item), ExaGrid is not listed as a vendor type for the new storage server.

What must I change in the plugin to allow this to work?

Selecting an existing ExaGrid storage server, using “Change”, and going to properties tab is all working; the plugin does have get/set_server_config capability.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you restarted NBU services on the media server after installing the plugin?
Especially  nbrmms ( NetBackup Remote Manager and Monitor Service )

What does this command show on the media server?

bpstsinfo -pi -stype ExaGrid

Or just:
bpstsinfo -pi  

Can you try to add storage server for this media via cmd on the media server?

tpconfig -add -storage_server <name> -stype ExaGrid -sts_user_id <username> -password <password>

Genericus
   VIP   

Amusingly enough, my vendor documentation for my DataDomains just says type DataDomain in the type field - it will not be available as a drop down option, but it will accept it and work from there.

Maybe your Exagrid will work similarly?

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Brilliant!  I was indeed able to type the vendor type - ExaGrid - into the field and it went onto the next steps.

Thanks.  I may have follow-up questions as I work through this "create a storage server via NBU" flow.  The ExaGrid OST plugin has been doing the storage server creation via the nbdevconfig command line - I'm working to see if the storage server can be created via the (newer) NBU capability.

Genericus
   VIP   

Glad I could help - I have been banging my head against the wall as well, trying to get BOOST enabled on my data domains.

There are tons of stuff that are clearly NOT documented, and assumed.

Found out when I name my clients ( media servers ) to give access to the storage, it is imperative that fully qualified names are used, I get permission denied when trying to connect otherwise.

Mark my other post as a solution so others can find it, if you don't mind!

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

However I believe this information is in our OST guide, but is a 1-liner and can be misinterpreted.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.DOC8574

Page 36

Enter the storage server type. For disk appliance storage
for backups, your storage vendor provides the string
that identifies the storage type.
The Storage server type is case-sensitive