cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add VMware vCenter credentials in Netbackup over private LAN

oolmedo
Level 4

Hello colleagues,

I am wondering if we can add the credentials to our Netbackup for the following topology:

oolmedo_0-1642687423906.png

The thing here is that backup host access to vCenter Server over private LAN, but Netbackup servers accessing the vCenter over the open LAN. We are unable to validate vCenter server from backup host because it is using the private lan.

Is it possible to add vCenter Server credentials using this topology?.

Thanks and best regards

oolmedo

4 REPLIES 4

X2
   VIP   

@oolmedo Can your master "talk" to the vCenter server on ports 443? 902?

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @oolmedo 

I think fundamentally this should be able to work. In addition to the port connectivity @X2 mentions, two other things to consider.

The first is routing to make sure traffic flows the way you want. This needs to be correct. 

The second is that you may need to provide a local host entry on the backup host for the vCenter that uses the private IP address (I assume DNS would provide the open LAN IP). 

Cheers
David

Hello X2,

Yes, master and media servers can comunicate with vCenter using open network (they reach the vCenter at 192.168.22.1)

Thanks for your reply

Hello Davidmoline,

Yes, backuphost "sees" the vCenter using the private network (3.0.0.1), name resolution is ok and ports are open. The problem is that we are not able to "validate" the addition of the vCenter using the backup host (the error appeared in the java console). Thats why I asked about the private and open network 

Thanks and best regards