cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a volume to a DISKPOOL (AdvanceDisk)

Ramamola
Level 4

In my NetApp, i configured one GroupLun, in the Group add 5 Luns. In the máster-media server configure 4 luns with these commands: pvcreate / vgcreate / lvcreate.
On Netbackup add a DikPool with 4 luns (path), and work ok, but, i like add the 5º lun. Can i add a new hot volume to DISKPOOL? how?

I read the AdminGuide2 but  i don´t find this function.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Change state of disk pool, not state if disk volumes. Use GUI as documented, or try this. # nbdevconfig -changestate -stype AdvancedDisk -dp disk_pool_name -state DOWN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Exctract from NBU Shared Storage Guide  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3659 :

Adding volumes to an AdvancedDisk disk pool

Create a disk pool from the new disk volumes on the storage server.

Merge the disk pools.
When you merge the disk pools, specify the original disk pool as the primary one. NetBackup deletes the
secondary disk pool after the merge.

Ramamola
Level 4

Hi Marianne,

I changed the status of all vol_name with this command.

nbdevconfig-ChangeState-stype disk_pool_name AdvancedDisk-dp-dv-state state vol_name

Example:

Primary Disk Pool

./nbdevconfig-ChangeState-stype POOL_STBARFAS01 AdvancedDisk-dp-dv / mnt/LUN00-state DOWN

./nbdevconfig-ChangeState-stype POOL_STBARFAS01 AdvancedDisk-dp-dv / mnt/LUN01-state DOWN

./nbdevconfig-ChangeState-stype POOL_STBARFAS01 AdvancedDisk-dp-dv / mnt/LUN02-state DOWN

./nbdevconfig-ChangeState-stype POOL_STBARFAS01 AdvancedDisk-dp-dv / mnt/LUN03-state DOWN

Secondary Disk Pool Created for add on first Disk Pool

./nbdevconfig-ChangeState-stype POOL_2 AdvancedDisk-dp-dv / mnt/LUN04-state DOWN

Changes OK.

But using merge with an error.

./nbdevconfig -mergedps -stype AdvancedDisk -primarydp POOL_STBARFAS01 -secondarydp POOL_2

DSM has encountered the following busy resource: primary:state
failed to merge disk pools, invalid command parameter

What could happen?.

Thanks!

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Change state of disk pool, not state if disk volumes. Use GUI as documented, or try this. # nbdevconfig -changestate -stype AdvancedDisk -dp disk_pool_name -state DOWN