cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add client in altnames

hasbi
Level 2

Hi all,

i am use netbackup 7.6.0.4 and platform win server 2008. Based on my reading, for Some restore operation need to create No restriction file in altnames.I already create the No restriction file, but how to add client (hostname: sqlserver) in altnames folder.Can anyone share to me the method/command how to add client file?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please review this note.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO89603.html

No.Restrictions does what its says, it removes the restriction for ALL clients.

If you don't want to do that you create a file with the name of the destination client. In the file you put the client names that the destination client is allowed to browse.

View solution in original post

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I recommend a more safe approach .

go to [install_path]/netbackup/db/altnames/

If directory does not exist - create it. Then create a file with with name server e.g. srv1.acme.com and as content of file the server name to be restored e.g old.acme.com

This approach is more safe as you only allow one server to restore to another, and not disabling security completely as done with "No.Restrictions".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please review this note.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO89603.html

No.Restrictions does what its says, it removes the restriction for ALL clients.

If you don't want to do that you create a file with the name of the destination client. In the file you put the client names that the destination client is allowed to browse.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I recommend a more safe approach .

go to [install_path]/netbackup/db/altnames/

If directory does not exist - create it. Then create a file with with name server e.g. srv1.acme.com and as content of file the server name to be restored e.g old.acme.com

This approach is more safe as you only allow one server to restore to another, and not disabling security completely as done with "No.Restrictions".