Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign tape backup a same server each time

zuhaib_siddiqui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear Guys

Please let me know that how I assign tape media having <media ID> 900047 and so on, to backup a particular server (AD Server) each time when backup job run. Because i want to manage my tape drives and save that tape drive to a safe place,

Each time i use that tape for AD Server's Backup and again return it to safe place.

Regards

Zuhaib Siddiqui

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

the only way is that the create one Volume pool may be name as "ADpool"  and move all the tapes that you would like to use for this backup to this specific pool.

and then select this volume pool in the policy attributes,or in Schedules  to make use of this Volume pool tapes.

View solution in original post

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You should consider disc based replication like MSDP/AIR for DR restores. This cut out the human element , we all know forget, drop tapes, are busy or on vacation.

The one tape per one server idea does not really work for Netbackup because the idea behind it large scale enterprise backup environments.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla

the only way is that the create one Volume pool may be name as "ADpool"  and move all the tapes that you would like to use for this backup to this specific pool.

and then select this volume pool in the policy attributes,or in Schedules  to make use of this Volume pool tapes.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You should consider disc based replication like MSDP/AIR for DR restores. This cut out the human element , we all know forget, drop tapes, are busy or on vacation.

The one tape per one server idea does not really work for Netbackup because the idea behind it large scale enterprise backup environments.

sdo

Also, if that one tape snaps or goes bad or gets lost or stolen - you may loose *all* of your AD backups.