cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to back up Exchange setup that uses SCR for DR

RonCaplinger
Level 6

We are using NetBackup 7.1.0.1 on master server (Solaris 10), media server (Solaris 10), and all clients (Solaris & Windows). 

Our MS Exchange team is implementing Standby Continuous Replication from our existing Exchange servers to a remote hosting facility, which will have its own NetBackup environment (haven't decided to do long-distance cluster or separate NBU master and use AIR to replicate catalog info).

The NBU compatibility list seems to indicate this is not supported, but I'm not sure if it is just referring to backing up the Exchange data from the Passive Node, or if it means we can't even back up the Exchange data from the active node. 

My questions:

1. Anybody out there already performing backups in this type of scenario? 
  2. Have you successfully recovered Exchange databases in this type of situation?
1 REPLY 1

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
  • First let us know what is the Exchange version you are running. I feel its Exchange2007.

• See the below link in which I described Backup and Restore of Exchange 2010 in which I have two Nodes, each Node has its own Mailbox Database and both Nodes are replicating its Databases to the other Databases. See the below Article in which I am taking the Backup of Exchange where Databases are being Replicated.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/exchange-server-2010-backup-databases-and-restore-rdb