cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup more than 1000 transaction logs of Lotus Notes? Netbackup 6.5.5

ziro
Level 4

Hi,

I facing to issue that there is problem to backup more tham 1000 transaction logs/files of Lotus-Notes on backup master and media servers running on version 6.5.5 Solaris 10.  Client's servers running on Windows 2008, Lotus Domino 8.5.2 FP2 or 8.5.3

(I cant/dont want to change frequency to more frequently initiating of backups, only one backup per day)

It seems that netbackup 6.5.5 allow maximum 1000 transaction files per one backup.

Is some option to change it or apply some patch for netbackup 6.5.5 to allow more than 1000 files? (I cant upgrade backup server to ver.7.1)

Thanks in advance for advices.

5 REPLIES 5

ziro
Level 4

I hope that some patch exists and fix this issue.

ziro
Level 4

Additional info:

client's server is running on Windows 2008 R2, so I found that in compatibility list that client's server Windows 2008 R2 and Lotus-Notes 8.5.2 FP2 or 8.5.3 is suuported from netbackup 6.5.6

I cant update netbackup on master and media server to 6.5.6.

Exist some patch which can solve this incompatibility?

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the client needs to be at 6.5.6, then the server also needs to be at 6.5.6.  It should not be expected to work with a lower rev server.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

"Exist some patch which can solve this incompatibility?"

6.5.6  IS  the patch that solves the incompatibility.

As you know and confirmed by Chris - a client cannot be a higher version that the master and media server.

You keep on saying you can't upgrade. Why is that?

ziro
Level 4

Its only my opinion that is not possible to backup more than 1000 transaction files of Lotus on netbackup 6.5.5  Is it right? Or is it not possible to backup it also on higher versions of NB?

We plan to upgrade server to NB 7.1 next year, but we need to solve this issue asap, without upgrading master and media servers for now... because of longlasting proccess of approvals, downtimes, inform our customers...

(In past we had problem to backup Oracle 11.2 on Netbackup 6.x, Symantec support reccomended to use patch "eebinstaller.1940073.1")

So I trying to find some similar patch to fix this issue.