cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to centerlize Netbackup environment if we have 10 master server on different sites

NEERAJ_MEHTA
Level 4

Hi,

I have 10 master servers on 10 different remote sites with slow connectivity , please how can i centerlize all netbackup master servers.

I want to know how all master servers can communicate to one main master server and transfer all backup to one master server.

Note :- All master servers are windows 2008 r2

Setup :-

1 major site 1 master and 3 media servers

1 site 1 master and 2 media server

rest all 8 small sites 1 master/media server.

All locations are using MSDP with DIsk backup.

Please advice.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will need assistance of Symantec Consulting partner to merge NBU masters. See:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH31385

The other option is to use AIR (Automatic Image Replication) to replicate backup images from remote masters to central master. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will need assistance of Symantec Consulting partner to merge NBU masters. See:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH31385

The other option is to use AIR (Automatic Image Replication) to replicate backup images from remote masters to central master. 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In addition to Mariannes excellent post above ... if it is just a centralised management and reporting location you need then you can use NetBackup OpsCenter.

The product is free to use and can monitor, manage, report and alert on multiple Master Servers.

If you do want a single Master server then your network links between sites must be good enough to allow each sites Media Servers to transfer the catalog information back to this single Master.

If you also want all backup data on one site then you need to go de-dupe and use either client side de-dupe on all remote sites or use optimized duplication acroos from each site back to the main site (or AIR)

Hope this helps

NEERAJ_MEHTA
Level 4

Thanks for your inputs , I think i have to study more how to create Netbackup domain and how to configure AIR and SLP policies ......

Thanks again.

Neeraj