Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Media server installation from system drive to non system drive

PhaniKumar82
Level 5
Partner

Team

Need solution for following issue

we have Netbackup7.5.0.3 on windows 2008 R2 and one of the Media server we defined as Vmware host

But while running Vmware schdule backups it is creating huge temp files in the following location C:\\windows\temp  location.

due to this issue backups jobs are hung frequently and to resolve we have recycle netbackup services then used space is released but again it is creating temp files once backups started so to come out this issue we need to change netbackup media server installation from system drive C to non system drive 

let me know to steps  for same 

Regards,

Kumar 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The answer is REALLY in your other post.

Reinstall will NOT change the System TMP and TEMP Environment variables.

See screenshot on my laptop that shows that System TMP and TEMP are both set to C:\Windows\Temp.
I am sure you will find the same on your Backup Host.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

just  go ahead and uninstall the Netbackup media server and  install it again .

and when you do the installtion, choose custome install and then you will have option to select the  Drive.

all your configures saves in Master/EMM server you does not needs to worry about the tape or disk configuration on this media server.

PhaniKumar82
Level 5
Partner

Hi

even if we change media server installation to non system drive will it create temp files on system drive or different dirve ? also same media server will act as VMware host for VM backups which has connected to Data domain 

Regards.

Kumar 

Will_Restore
Level 6

PhaniKumar82
Level 5
Partner

Hi

My question is if i reinstall netbackup on non system drive then intiate backup will it creates temp files in C:\windows\Temp directory? or any temp folder will be created in where netbackup software installed like non system drive ?

Regards,

Kumar

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The answer is REALLY in your other post.

Reinstall will NOT change the System TMP and TEMP Environment variables.

See screenshot on my laptop that shows that System TMP and TEMP are both set to C:\Windows\Temp.
I am sure you will find the same on your Backup Host.