cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change media server name

tarladak
Level 4

Hi All,

We have created a media server -windows2008 r2, we have to change the name of the server. Please let me know what is the procedure i need to follow before i change the name after changing the name in netbackup.

We are using Netbackup 7.5

Master server: windows 2008R2

Media server windows 2008r2 - attached with a tape library.

Due to global naming convesion we need to change the media server name, for example media server name W2004bk to W0001MS

Looking forward to your help.

Regards,

Kiran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you have 2 options

1) adding the media server alias name, alias name will be the new name and old name still be exists in the configurations

2) following the decomm process for the media server with old name and configure it with new name again

i would suggest you to go with 2nd option even though it involves bit more steps when compare to 1st option.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you have 2 options

1) adding the media server alias name, alias name will be the new name and old name still be exists in the configurations

2) following the decomm process for the media server with old name and configure it with new name again

i would suggest you to go with 2nd option even though it involves bit more steps when compare to 1st option.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NBU will see new name as new media server. You will need to delete devices for old server name and re-add for new name. Change image ownership with bpimage command: bpimage -oldserver (old-name) -newserver (new-name) Or use nbdecommission utility.