Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change ownership for backup image on disk

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Dear Friends,

I am trying to change ownership for backup image which is on disk by below command but it says no entity found

bpimage -oldserver  - newserver -backupid

please assist

Thank You !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't understand - the image is written to disk on DMZ media server right?

How will another media server access this disk that is mounted on DMZ media server?

Changing image ownership alone will not help - you will need to present the physical disk that contains the image to the non-DMZ media server and then change image ownership.

Or else duplicate the image to non-DMZ media server and make this duplicated image the primary. 
Ensure both media servers have SERVER entries for one another and that port 1556 is open between the 2 servers.

Probably easier to provide access between destination client and DMZ media server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Please tell us why you need to change ownership for one image only? If you have presented storage to another media server, you need to change ownership for media-id that represents the entire storage unit.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Does:

bpimagelist -backupid <backupid> -l    work?

If it does then bpimage -oldserver <old_media_server> -newserver <new_media_server> -backupid <backupid>    should work

Edit - no it doesn't I just tried it. you can do -oldserver <old_media_server> -newserver <new_media_server> - that moves ALL the images from the old to the new

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Hi Revarooo,

I have to chnage ownership for one image not all ,

Dear Marianne,

I want to chnage ownership for one backup id because, i have taken backup through DMZ medias server that client is also in side the DMZ but now request came to do restoration for that client in out side of DMZ , and currently image owner is DMZ media server and other client which is out side dmz can not connect to that media server , so i want to change ownership for that image to other media server which is out side DMZ and it can connect destination clinet .

Please suggest .

Thank You !!

Marianne
Level 6

I don't understand - the image is written to disk on DMZ media server right?

How will another media server access this disk that is mounted on DMZ media server?

Changing image ownership alone will not help - you will need to present the physical disk that contains the image to the non-DMZ media server and then change image ownership.

Or else duplicate the image to non-DMZ media server and make this duplicated image the primary. 
Ensure both media servers have SERVER entries for one another and that port 1556 is open between the 2 servers.

Probably easier to provide access between destination client and DMZ media server.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Abishek, you are not going to get any better advice than the one above from Marianne. As she says, present disk stu to the 'new' media server or duplicate to 'new' media server stu.