cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change sender email address on catalog DR file mail

AnandhaKannan_D
Level 4

Hi All,

Email receiving for the catalog DR file has default address which created by Netbackup i hope. Domain name in that email addresss is not accepted by our mail server and it is been in queued for long time and taking system resources.  Is it possible to change the sender address??

5 REPLIES 5

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

For Windows systems when you install blat you provide the sender's email address I believe.

For non windows systems using sendmail, you probably need to modify those settings.

I came across the below link, try if it helps you out

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch21_:_Configuring_Linux_Mail_Server...

sclind
   VIP   

We specify *where* to send in the backup policy itself.

For our Unix masters that was all we needed.  For our Windows master we did need to install BLAT.

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

For Windows machines when you install blat you specify the sender's email address as below

blat -install <server addr> <sender's addr> 4 25

Which in-turn is saved in the registry.

For Linux it would use the OS sendmail inorder to send emails when you specify the email address in either NBU catalog backup policy DR tab or in email addresses in the host properties. So your Linux admin would need to try following the steps from the link I mentioned (OS side steps Not NBU) inorder to change the sender's email address.

sclind
   VIP   

sorry - thats the 'to' address.

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

yes correct NBU has the TO part with it. 

You need to check from the OS side for the FROM part. Did you get a chance to review the link or share it with your unix admin