cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the hostname/network of an NB media server netbackup installation

bearvg
Level 3

Hi all,

I have a solaris 10 master server (6.5.6) and a Redhat Linux media server (6.5.6.). Both servers are connected to two networks (public & backup). The master server was installed using the public hostname whether the media server (by a foolish mistake) was installed using the backup hostname. I want to fix that mistake and set the media server installation to the public hostname of that server. What is the correct way to do it without loosing the references of the backups taken on that media server? I've seen the nbdecommission command but can anyone elaborate a little further for the specific scenario?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

bearvg
Level 3

Just a clarification. When I say "...The master server was installed using the public hostname whether the media server (by a foolish mistake) was installed using the backup hostname...." I mean that the netbackup software installations where performed with these hostnames, not the OS installations.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The fact that you have 6.5.6 says that NBU on these servers were installed many years ago, right?

All NBU 6.x versions ran out of support 2 years ago.

Not sure why you want to change things now?

nbdecommission can be used to change media server name in EMM catalogs and transfer image ownership to new name.

bearvg
Level 3

Hi Marianne,

I had to add a new media server but I made the mistake to set it up with the backup hostname instead of the public hostname (as the master was) so I fell into some issues. Unfortunately upgrade was not an option in my case.

Thanks,

bearvg