Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear pending mounts requests

NEEDED_MAN
Level 4
Hi everyone

I have win2003 netbackup 6.5 Server ,but i am getting below error:-

There are pending tape mounts on papplbkup01 for pool 0102L1 - This is impacting backups

Please tell me how to clear pending mounts

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6
 Looking for Pending requests

Unix: /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmoprcmd

Windows: <install path>\veritas\volmge\bin\vmoprcmd

or GUI --> Device Management

if there is any pending request either re-assign it toa tape drive or deny it. 

NEEDED_MAN
Level 4

Thanks for reply but how i found the pending mounts how its show
Lot of things under device management

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"...
Managing pending requests and actions
If a tape mount requires a specific volume, the request is displayed in the Pending Requests pane of the Device Monitor window. For example, if NetBackup requires a specific volume for a restore operation, NetBackup loads or requests the volume. The Pending Requests pane appears only if requests await action or when NetBackup acts on a request. After all requests have been resolved (automatically by NetBackup or manually by operator intervention), the Pending Requests pane disappears.
If NetBackup cannot service a media-specific mount request automatically, it changes the request or action to a pending state, as follows:
■ Pending requests. When NetBackup cannot move a required volume into a tape drive automatically, NetBackup sets the request status to pending. Operator assistance is required to complete the request, and NetBackup displays the request in the Pending Requests pane. NetBackup assigns pending status to a mount request when it cannot determine which:
-                 Stand-alone drive to use for a job.
-                 Drive in a robot is in AVR mode.
■ Pending actions. A tape mount requests becomes a pending action when the mount operation encounters problems, and the tape cannot be mounted. Operator assistance is required to complete the request, and NetBackup displays an action request in the Pending Requests pane. Pending actions usually occur with drives in robotic libraries.
..."