Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare backup is sucess and it is on tape

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Dear Friends,

My backup senario is first backup goes on DD and it replicates on second DD at DR location and from DR DD it vault on Tape.

Now my question iis , i hvae to genrate a report that last monthly sucess backup report and after replication the all images are vaulte on tape or not .

please Advice.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I see you have edited your earlier post to show that you use vault for the one copy - so that is not under SLP control You can either use the SLP to do that last step so that the SLP report is valid or you have a little more work on your hands! I guess if the SLPs are up to date then you just need to know that all vault processes have worked correctly A combination of the vault report and the SLP report should be OK If you just need a comparison then you need something scripted to count how many copy 1, copy 2 and copy 3 images were written during the month and make sure that they are all the same number.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

how did you define this replication(duplication).? does it  though SLP?

if yes below command give you the backlog (images needs to get duplicated) information 

nbstlutil reprot

this command nbstltutil do have some additional options which will give you the better info....

and for success are.. you can get from the GUI-----> reports..--> status of the backups..

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Hi Nagalla ,

yes , it is SLP , but i have to check for last month all client backup sucess on head office DD and after raplication on DR DD the images sucessfully written on Tape .

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

If everything in a SLP has been completed then it follows that everything has been copied to tape.

If you have OpsCenter then just add the local and DR Master server in as being monitored by OpsCenter and then you can run the Storage Lifecycle Policy Reports>SLP Status report which will tell you everything about both sites for an immediate comparison and to see that it is up to date.

Even the standard OpsCenter should give you the months worth of information you are looking for.

While running the report in the console it even has links and if any are not complete you can click on it to be shown which are not complete including the Policy Name, image ID etc.

Hope this helps - OpsCenter is the easiest to deal with a report across two sites

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
If you are happy your SLPs are setup correctly then that shows nothing outstanding - so all good!! As you will see from the report if you clcik on anything blue it links to those backups Try running it when you know a backup has run but not the duplication - just to prove it for yourself and to see how you can identify the image that has not yet duplicated

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Hi Mark,

it is single domain enviornment , so, there is only one master server in two node cluster and one node at DR and GCO is configured amongs HO and DR nodes .

so all data domain is conectcted from Head Office master server . now ,1st copy goes on HO DD  and 2nd copy duplicate with SLP on DR DD, and now we do Tape Out (From DR DD to Tape) by netbackup Vault.

and some of the DR location Client 1st copy backup goes on DR DD and 2nd copy Duplicate by SLP from DR to HO the do the Tape out at HO location by Netbackup Vault

if i genrate SLP reports for that particuler day and it shows Images Not SLP Complete = 0 , 100% Copy Complete,Completed Copy Size 100%.

Can i consider that all images been moved on tape ???

Thanks You

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
I see you have edited your earlier post to show that you use vault for the one copy - so that is not under SLP control You can either use the SLP to do that last step so that the SLP report is valid or you have a little more work on your hands! I guess if the SLPs are up to date then you just need to know that all vault processes have worked correctly A combination of the vault report and the SLP report should be OK If you just need a comparison then you need something scripted to count how many copy 1, copy 2 and copy 3 images were written during the month and make sure that they are all the same number.