cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config the NOM to send alert notification email??

MariusD
Level 6
Hello,

I need to config the NOM server to send aler notification emails. How can I do this? 
NOM 6.5.4. on a Windows 2003 32bit.

Regards,
Marius Demeter.
12 REPLIES 12

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Open NOM
go to Managing/Alert Policies
on the left under tasks
choose New Alert Policy
choose the one you want and go from there.
without more detail I cannot help

On Settings tab
choose Recipients
setup some email groups or people

when you do the policy - tell it who to send the email to.

MariusD
Level 6
I need a mail alert when a job is not with 0 completed.

Regard,
Marius D.

Gerald_W__Gitau
Level 6
Certified
I have configured my NOM to send email reports once a day with failure report. The way I did is Reporting--->All Reports--->Standard Reports. Under Client select Job Summary by Client. Then Select the Job Type (Backup) and Job Status (Failed). Remember to change variable Time Frame on the left side to your desired time frame. You can then schedule this job to run whenever you want it.

MariusD
Level 6
Thanks a lot Hinchcliffe and Gerald. I have now a few alerts config. I wait to see if come alert mail also notification.

Regards,
Marius D.  

MariusD
Level 6
Hi,

One more thing..... how can config a alert to call me when in SCRATCH_POOL are less then 2 Tapes??????

Regards,
Marius D.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
One if the issues I have with that alert

the Avail Media just goes for number of  "Avail Media"  you cannot say which volume pool you want it to monitor.

So it just looks at the over all

www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/nom-availabel-tapes-alert

please go to the above Idea and vote for it - see if they can add that parameter to the next version of NOM.

MariusD
Level 6
Hi,

I have configured my NOM: Managing/Alert Policies and  Settings/Recipients  but I don't receive any E-mail.
I forgot something??

Thanks,
Marius Demeter

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

I don't know if you did windows or UNIX
but make sure you have the smtp setup
go to settings
system
make sure you have your smtp server name in there
the port
and that you have an email account setup an put that in the bottom window.

MariusD
Level 6
I have did all this config. But also I don't receive any Email.
One question:   Which program send this Email??? NBU Client or the Master. Probably I have to give this program access to our Atnivirus-soft?!?!

Thanks,
Marius D.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
NOM is sending the email - that is why you have to tell it what SMTP server to use and the account has to be set up IN exchange or whatever you use.

SMTP Server Name - the name of the SMTP server that is used to email reports and alert notification.s

SMTP Server Port - The TCP/IP port number for the SMTP server that is used to email reports and alert notifications.

Sender Email ID - The identifier that is used in the From: field of emailed reports and alert Notifications.  For example. sender@domain.com

Often the @domain.com portion can be skipped.  However depending on your SMTP server configurations, the server may reject emails if the sender ID does not include a valid domain name.

MariusD
Level 6
HI,

I have "resolve" the problem ... I have stop my McAfee virus scanner and now I receive all alert mails.

But now come one question: how can I do to can receive mails also with the McAfee enabled?? What sould I set up in McAfee????

Thanks

EngSian_TAN
Level 2
Good Day,

Dear All,

I have configure the email alert on Drive Down as Critical.
Alert will be email out when there is a Drive path down.

Due to heavy duty load , I need to channel all this alert to our operation.
Did any one configure email alert for fail job?
This will reduce my monitor time on the master server.

Daily, an email have been send out on Policy Change.
Policy Change report is for audit purpose.

An we have VBR email out for all the Site backup report & application daily backup report.

Please advive how to create a failed job email alert.

Thank you.

Regards,
EngSian TAN