Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Storage unit to specific Media Server

Rafi_BT
Level 2
Partner
Hello guys.

We are using Netbackup 7.6.1 in Windows 2012 Flatform.

I have one Tape library configured to one Media server in our HO, attached via SAN switch using FC protocol.

We have also one (1) Media server in each remote site (6 sites in all). Each Media server has a disk storage unit attached directly to it.

The design of our infra is to create a backup copy(1) of remote client server on each designated local media server, a second copy to the HO and a 3rd copy to one remote media server, tagged as a DR.

I have given the media server in DR site a credential to access my media server in HO and vice versa.

My problem occurs during the monthly backup which will instruct HO Media server to write the backup image to the tape stu.

I have noticed Media server in  DR (for some jobs) is the one doing the write to tape of the backup images stored in HO, w/c is also very noticeable that it writes very slow, compare when HO Media server does the job.

Is there a way we could specifically instruct NBU to perform the wrting to tape from our Media server HO only, and not to give the job to DR Media server?

I hope someone would share his/her expertice on this regards.

Thank you,

Rafi
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

For the duplication directive in your SLP, select the HO server as the alternate read server. This means it will be the server that takes on the job to do the duplication.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

For the duplication directive in your SLP, select the HO server as the alternate read server. This means it will be the server that takes on the job to do the duplication.

Rafi_BT
Level 2
Partner

Hi Riaan,

Will try to setup this and post the result of the new configuration.

Thank you.