cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure disk based backup on media server

Sadat
Not applicable

Hi,

I have master server and media server. On master server I am able able to take backup on disk based. 

On media server i want to take disk based backups which i was not able to do so.

Details explanation:

I have taken luns from IBM array and mapped to Media server and created file system and mounted it. Now, i want to configure policy and select destination as media server file system where backup images will be store.

I have installed Advance Disk license into NBU Master server and can see Advance disk option while create storage unit.

Please let me know step by step to configure / take backup on disk at media site.

Regards,

Athar Ali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Which NBU version? I assume you want to use Advanced disk STU and not Basic Disk STU?

If 6.5, see Admin Guide I (ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290201.pdf )

Appendix B :  AdvancedDisk storage option

1st Step : Create Storage Server:

To configure an AdvancedDisk storage server in NetBackup

◆Run the following nbdevconfig command on the NetBackup master server or the media server:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server storage_server -stype AdvancedDisk [-st storage_type] -media_server media_server

The following are the options and arguments:

■ -storage_serverstorage_server is the name of the NetBackup media server that has a file system mount on the storage.

■ -stypeAdvancedDisk value specifies the storage server type.

■ -ststorage_type is a numeric value that specifies the server properties. For AdvancedDisk, the default is 5 (direct attached, formatted disk). Required only if you want to use a value other than the default.

Next step is to create a disk pool, followed by Storage Unit.

If Basic Disk is all you need, find Storage Units in the same manual and follow steps to create Basic Disk STU.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Which NBU version? I assume you want to use Advanced disk STU and not Basic Disk STU?

If 6.5, see Admin Guide I (ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290201.pdf )

Appendix B :  AdvancedDisk storage option

1st Step : Create Storage Server:

To configure an AdvancedDisk storage server in NetBackup

◆Run the following nbdevconfig command on the NetBackup master server or the media server:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server storage_server -stype AdvancedDisk [-st storage_type] -media_server media_server

The following are the options and arguments:

■ -storage_serverstorage_server is the name of the NetBackup media server that has a file system mount on the storage.

■ -stypeAdvancedDisk value specifies the storage server type.

■ -ststorage_type is a numeric value that specifies the server properties. For AdvancedDisk, the default is 5 (direct attached, formatted disk). Required only if you want to use a value other than the default.

Next step is to create a disk pool, followed by Storage Unit.

If Basic Disk is all you need, find Storage Units in the same manual and follow steps to create Basic Disk STU.