cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure drive name rules from command line

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

I am wondering if any one do know how we can setup global rule for tape drive names? From GUI it is obvious - but how to achieve the same from CLI? Any Idea where this is stored?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

X2
   VIP   

This is something that I haven't done every on command line and also searching the command reference guide didn't help either.

Best bet is to use the suggestion given in https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Command-to-remotely-restart-Media-Management-services/m-p/88741... and try to find the command from logs. I went back to find the discussion because Marianne showed undocumented option for the command vmoprcmd.

This might also be one of those configuration things that Veritas recommends doing using the GUI only. e.g. configuring storage devices, etc.

View solution in original post

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Thank you for pointing me in the good direction.. This is what I did sniff out:

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -all -list_rule -java

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -global -delete_rule

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -global -update_rule "#SMY_DRV:POS"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

X2
   VIP   

This is something that I haven't done every on command line and also searching the command reference guide didn't help either.

Best bet is to use the suggestion given in https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Command-to-remotely-restart-Media-Management-services/m-p/88741... and try to find the command from logs. I went back to find the discussion because Marianne showed undocumented option for the command vmoprcmd.

This might also be one of those configuration things that Veritas recommends doing using the GUI only. e.g. configuring storage devices, etc.

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Thank you for pointing me in the good direction.. This is what I did sniff out:

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -global -delete_rule

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -global -update_rule "#SMY_DRV:POS"