Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect VTL of one machine with another machine

abhinav_trivedi
Level 4
Certified

Hi All,

I have one master server and one media server in my environment and master server is also working like a media server. VTL is installed on master server. How can I connect my media server with VTL.

Thanks for hel in advance.

Regards,

A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to zone some of the virtual drives to the master and some of them to the media server. Sharing virtual tape drives is not a good idea. Speak to your VTL vendor for assistance.

Ensure the OS can see the devices. Install tape drivers if Windows.

The master server will have robot control. If you select both servers when running device config, robot and drives will be configured correctly.

Remember that the VTL is presented to the OS and NBU as physical robot and tape drives, therefore configuration is exactly the same as physical.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to zone some of the virtual drives to the master and some of them to the media server. Sharing virtual tape drives is not a good idea. Speak to your VTL vendor for assistance.

Ensure the OS can see the devices. Install tape drivers if Windows.

The master server will have robot control. If you select both servers when running device config, robot and drives will be configured correctly.

Remember that the VTL is presented to the OS and NBU as physical robot and tape drives, therefore configuration is exactly the same as physical.

abhinav_trivedi
Level 4
Certified

Thanks Marianne for suggestion.

I will apply this in my environment and get back to you.