Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create 2nd duplicate copy to tape connected on 2nd master server

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Guys, I need advice.

Scenario:

• there are two sites (HQ and DR), and each site has its own Master/Media server configured.
  • Each Master/Media server has a Data Domain connected.
  • HQ Site has a Tape Library installed, while the DR has no Tape Library installed
  • Storage Life Cycle policy had been configured to replicate (using DDBoost) between two sites and now working properly.
  • SLP on first site (HQ) has 2 duplication policy (1st, duplicate copy going to DR site. 2nd Duplicate copy to tape)
  • SLP on 2nd site (DR) has 1 duplication policy (duplicate copy going to HQ site).

Requirement/challenges:

• How can I create a second Duplicate job (duplicate to tape) of DR site, going to the tape connected at HQ site.

Is this possible? Can you please give advice on how can I solve the challenges.

BTW, I also configured NBU OpsCenter and working properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

what is the tape library you  have in HQ site, see if yoiu can make logical partication of the Tape library.

if yes , keep one media server in HQ site and configure it on DR master  and do the partination of tape library  and connect one partitation to the media server which located in HQ site and configure in DR site.

use SLP to pull the data form the duplicate copy at HQ site to Tape.

its like

SLP for DR site

copy 1 is in DR site (backup)

copy 2 to HQ site (1 duplication)

copy 3 to HQ site tape (2nd duplication from the 1 duplication )

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

what is the tape library you  have in HQ site, see if yoiu can make logical partication of the Tape library.

if yes , keep one media server in HQ site and configure it on DR master  and do the partination of tape library  and connect one partitation to the media server which located in HQ site and configure in DR site.

use SLP to pull the data form the duplicate copy at HQ site to Tape.

its like

SLP for DR site

copy 1 is in DR site (backup)

copy 2 to HQ site (1 duplication)

copy 3 to HQ site tape (2nd duplication from the 1 duplication )

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Tnx Nagalla for your reply. My end user is using IBM tape library and partitioning of the tape library is not feasible (as per the end user).

I have configured something yesterday using SLP. Will post later if what I did is successful.

Any other recommendation is highly appreciated.

Ado

Symctec
Level 5
Partner Accredited

As of now DD does not provide its own tape out(unlike the older EDL(emc disk library)), it depends on the backup software for it.

Regards.