cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a file archive in Netbackup 7.1

Lotfi_BOUCHERIT
Level 5

Hello All,

I would like to know if you can tell me how to create a policy that archives files (backs up and deletes original files).

Thanks in advance

Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

how did you trigger the manual backup..

you need to trigger the backup from the Client when you create the user archive schedule.. and the tirgger should be in the timewindow that you have specified in the policy

View solution in original post

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

User backups and user archives can only be run from the client. It cannot be started from the master server.

You need to run bparchive command on the client or else use the BAR GUI on the client.

This is what Nagalla was trying to explain all along...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RamNagalla

it can be achived by using the user archive schedule in backup.

1) create a Policy..

2) create a schedule as user archive backup

3) run the schedule manaully form the client end or schedule it using the cron or some other scheduler ..

jim_dalton
Level 6

As per nagalla, look up "archive", thats the definition in netbackup for backup and then delete on success.

Lots of documentation on it.

Jim

Lotfi_BOUCHERIT
Level 5

Hello,

I actually did this, but i got an error while manually trying to run that policy, stating that there's no schedule configured, i confirm that when i choose, user archive, the dropdown selection of the schedules becomes grayed. That's why i thought that there's something wrong, and i ask for a correct method..

Could you please give me some hint to solve that problem please??

Regards,and thanks a lot for your help

RamNagalla

how did you trigger the manual backup..

you need to trigger the backup from the Client when you create the user archive schedule.. and the tirgger should be in the timewindow that you have specified in the policy

Lotfi_BOUCHERIT
Level 5

I triggered it from the console. But please, how can i specify the time window?? i told you, that it gets grayed once i choose : User Archive, option...

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

User backups and user archives can only be run from the client. It cannot be started from the master server.

You need to run bparchive command on the client or else use the BAR GUI on the client.

This is what Nagalla was trying to explain all along...

Lotfi_BOUCHERIT
Level 5

ok, thanks a lot. I'll give you feedback once i test it after the weekend holiday

regards for you all

Lotfi_BOUCHERIT
Level 5

hello,

I would like to thank all of you who helped me here. The resumé of what i had to do, is:

launch manually the archiving operation in the schedule window defined in the policy

thanks to you all, a second time