cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a report of backup windows and schedules?

trippeer
Level 3

I am trying to get our backups under control and we are getting a bunch of 196 (backup window closed) errors. I understand what this error means, but what I really need is a high level view of all of our backup windows so that I can adjust them logically and accordingly. Does anyone know of a report or a procedure that will help me do this? We are using NB 7.6 on Linux and we have OpsCenter installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Not always easy to get all this .. you can pipe out the schedules / policies and work it out from there, use nbpemreq command to show what is due - all hard work!

As you have OpsCenter try the Planning Activity > Scheduled Job > Job Count within Backup Window report

to see if that gives you more of what you are looking for

Hope this helps

#edit# there are a couple of reports in that area that you can play with - hopefully one will give you what you need, otherwise it does mean slogging through NetBackup outputs or studying the summary of all polcies schedules section to get a feel fot things (no good is you have a lot of policies!)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Not always easy to get all this .. you can pipe out the schedules / policies and work it out from there, use nbpemreq command to show what is due - all hard work!

As you have OpsCenter try the Planning Activity > Scheduled Job > Job Count within Backup Window report

to see if that gives you more of what you are looking for

Hope this helps

#edit# there are a couple of reports in that area that you can play with - hopefully one will give you what you need, otherwise it does mean slogging through NetBackup outputs or studying the summary of all polcies schedules section to get a feel fot things (no good is you have a lot of policies!)

trippeer
Level 3

That report does help, thanks. It is not exactly what I wanted, but I can see that a large majority of my jobs are scheduled for 18:00. 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Glad it helps - dont forget to close the thread off once you have your solutions - that helsp other searching for a solution in the future

Thanks