cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define input/export tapes

Tabriz
Level 5

Hi Dear,

l have a question about input/export tapes (email) in netbackup.

Every monday OpsCenter sends to me email related input export tapes.I viewed the Report Schedule related tape inport export .OpsCenter send the email as html.But l would like which criteria Netbackup define every week need to change the tapes. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Tabriz 

Best to speak to the person who created the reports or else to your current Backup Admin.
Or find the site documentation.

The criteria is NOT set by NetBackup. Someone in your company manually configured this based on company policies and recovery needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

gial
Level 2

Find the report in reports tab -> Click edit -> go through the report to find criteria

Hi @gial 

Thanks for the response .

I know that but l would like to know .Why had been made this reports.Which cirteria?Retention time 2 week (period 1).But the email is sent every monday.

Thanks

Marianne

@Tabriz 

Best to speak to the person who created the reports or else to your current Backup Admin.
Or find the site documentation.

The criteria is NOT set by NetBackup. Someone in your company manually configured this based on company policies and recovery needs.

@Marianne 

Thanks for the response.

every monday the tapes export andin the i40 Quantum tape library become empty slots  therefore Duplication (SLP) shows status code 96.l think that

Marianne

@Tabriz 

It comes down to Policies and Procedures / Roles and Responsibilities in your environment.

There has to be documented procedures about removal and replacement of tapes in the library.
If no new tapes are inserted when offsite tapes are ejected, your Backup Administrator is responsible for assigning the task to 'Insert new tapes and Run Inventory' to someone in the organization.