cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a client from the Admin Console

SteveLaw
Level 5

Hi,

We're using Netbackup 7.5 on Windows 2008.

A client has been added to the server with the wrong FQDN and the backup is failing. I have checked using bpclntcmd -hn clientname and have confirmed that the master and media servers can connect to the client using the corrected FQDN. 

In the Admin Console I selected Actions\Configure Client, added the correct FQDN name of ther client and Ok. But it isn't showing up in the client list - will it appear eventually when a backup is run using that client? 

Also, how do I remove the old, incorrect client? I tried the command bpclient -client incorrect_client_name -M masterserver -delete from the master server BIN folder and  got a bpclient: no entity was found (227) .

If I run the command bpclient -All -M masterserver -l  it produces a subset of four clients, not the 30 or so we have configured and which display in the Admin Console under Host Properties\Clients. I've noticed that these four client are configured under the Master Server object itself, under "Client Attributes" (though I'm not sure why). I believe these clients can be modified for that specific Master Server, independent of Global Settings (but we've only got one master server anyway so that's irrelevant).  

So will the corrected client I just added show up eventually, and how do I get rid of the old incorrect one? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SteveLaw
Level 5

Oh wait! when I added the corrected client to a policy and removed the old one, it all sorted itself out: the new one appeared in the Clients list and the old one disappeared. 

Hurrah! Wish I'd tried that BEFORE writing this long post. I feel empowered though. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SteveLaw
Level 5

Oh wait! when I added the corrected client to a policy and removed the old one, it all sorted itself out: the new one appeared in the Clients list and the old one disappeared. 

Hurrah! Wish I'd tried that BEFORE writing this long post. I feel empowered though.