cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to duplicate specific backup by Using SLP(storage life cycle policy)

SaravananSM
Level 2

HI,

I have Oracle backups being taken to Data Domain by using Netbackup 7.0.1. Now i am trying to duplicate the backups from one Data Domain to another Data Domain by using SLP. i have a requirement to duplicate only last successful backup from a server(not all the backups). Can anyone help how to choose a specific backup to duplicate by using SLP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please have a look on EMC doc named "Data Domain Boost 2.5 for OpenStorage Administration Guide". All the steps needed is detailed.

BTW, SLP is some sort of storage unit that can process backup, duplication, replication and snapshot following pre-defined configurtion. SLP only applied to incoming backup. SLP does not applied to rcisting backups. Set retenions of backup and duplication regarding your business needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

Please have a look on EMC doc named "Data Domain Boost 2.5 for OpenStorage Administration Guide". All the steps needed is detailed.

BTW, SLP is some sort of storage unit that can process backup, duplication, replication and snapshot following pre-defined configurtion. SLP only applied to incoming backup. SLP does not applied to rcisting backups. Set retenions of backup and duplication regarding your business needs.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Take a look at the SLP best pratice as well

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO73205

I really recommend this document if you are new to SLP's.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

An SLP is just like a Storage Unit - you cannot do anything dynamic with it as such

If you need a specific backup to do a certain replication then you need to create a SLP and use it for the job / schedule in question

Usually you would create the specific schedule in the backup job and override the storage unit in that schedule to use the SLP you have created

Hope this helps

huanglao2002
Level 6

you can create a special  SLP policy for your specific backup.