cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to empty the storage unit from the schedule through command line

Ashok_J
Level 3

HI,

I have some issues with my GUI. Need to remove the storage unit which will be in Schedule tab in the policy. I tried checking in the path /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/ bpschedulerep Policy_name -residence NA .

Importantly: i am not trying to change the storage unit in Schedule tab. Want to make it empty.

Any suggestions please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

spitman
Level 5

If you aren't able to get a GUI up, something similar to this would work:

bpplschedrep policy_name schedule_name -residence default_residence_name

This would allow you to change the residence of this policy to a different one. It will still show up with override checked but will accomplish what you want. I've tested it. (haven't figured out how to outright remove the checkbox/override setting yet.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

spitman
Level 5

So is what you're saying, that you have an "override policy storage selection" setting, and you are trying to remove that from the command line? Or are you trying to set an override to what the default is?

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
You can use the "bpadm" command line utility which is available in unix. Since you mentioned that you want to remove the STU in the schedule I assume you want to remove the Override STU settings in the schedule and use the same STU defined in the policy attributes right.? The "bpadm" is a menu driven utility and you can select policy management and make the required changes in ur policy. "/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpadm"

spitman
Level 5

If you aren't able to get a GUI up, something similar to this would work:

bpplschedrep policy_name schedule_name -residence default_residence_name

This would allow you to change the residence of this policy to a different one. It will still show up with override checked but will accomplish what you want. I've tested it. (haven't figured out how to outright remove the checkbox/override setting yet.)

Ashok_J
Level 3

HI Amol/spitman, Thanks for the response.

spitman Thanks again a lot for your help. Did modified the storage unit and it worked. For removing the checkbox we need to find out.

However i am good now.

spitman
Level 5

Figured it out...

bpplschedrep policy_name schedule_name -residence "*NULL*"

Found it in the Symantec NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.

Susan 

(PS - my name is Susan Pitman... so my username becomes "spitman" haha...)