cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export list of backup selection per client?

puneetd
Level 3

I want to export the list of backup selection in text or csv format. The problem is that If i export the list of backup policy details then I can do it using "<Install Path>Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bppllist.exe <Policy Name> -U. But it does not contains the list of backup selection by the client.

For example if a policy contains two clients and one is selected c and other is selected d drive for backup. Then how can be identified that which client contains the backup of d drive in NetBackup. 

2 REPLIES 2

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

For example if a policy contains two clients and one is selected c and other is selected d drive for backup

In this case you must tell evryone the way you managed to create different backup selection for different clients within one policy :)

But it does not contains the list of backup selection by the client.

Seriously spleaking it isn't that hard  to create a script that:

1. Takes an applicable policy type.

2. Creates client - backup selecton pairs.

3. Save that pairs in files.

4. Creates final report in required format.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please show us an example of bppllist output.

My experience is that bppllist.exe <Policy Name> -U output certainly contains the backup selection.

It will show Backup Selection for all clients in the policy.

If you have ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in the policy, then this is what bppllist will show. You won't see C: and D: in bppllist output. 
With ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in the policy, the NBU master server will request the client to run 'bpmount' command to determine local drive letters to be backed up.

You may want to look into bpcoverage command...