cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find, How much data written by one drive to know drive utalization.

A_3
Level 4
Certified

How to find, How much data written by one drive to know drive utalization.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

AFAIK, NetBackup itself does not have a report or CLI function to report this.  You may be able to script something to determine how much time a drive is spent 'in use', but it would be very difficult to determine how much data a tape drive moved for any given time period, from purely a NetBackup server perspective.

I believe that OpsCenter has tape drive utilization reports which may be of some use to you.  OpsCenter, the basic installtion type (un-licensed), is free to use - i.e. not the licensed OpsCenter Analytics installation type.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

AFAIK, NetBackup itself does not have a report or CLI function to report this.  You may be able to script something to determine how much time a drive is spent 'in use', but it would be very difficult to determine how much data a tape drive moved for any given time period, from purely a NetBackup server perspective.

I believe that OpsCenter has tape drive utilization reports which may be of some use to you.  OpsCenter, the basic installtion type (un-licensed), is free to use - i.e. not the licensed OpsCenter Analytics installation type.